Chicken – 1/2kg
Basmathi rice – 1/2 kg
Pudina paste – 1/2 cup
Ginger and garlic paste – 1/2 cup
Curd – 2 cup
Chillie powder – 3tsp
Saffron – 1 pinch
Milk- 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander and Green chillie paste – 1/4 cup
Ghee – 3tsp
Oil – 1 cup
Garam masala powder- 1tsp
Shahjeera – 2tsp.
Salt as required
Chopped pudina(mint) – 1tsp
Chopped coriander – 3tsp
Slit green chillies – 6
Saida dough – 1cup.
Golden fried sliced onions – 1 1/2 cup.
Method of Preparation:
- First take chicken leg pieces and wash thouroughly.
- Take a thick bottomed vessel and add chicken, pudina paste, curd, coriander and chillie paste, salt, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric powder, chillie powder, oil, slit green chillies. mix well and marinate it for 3-6 hrs.
- Then boil the marinated chicken in low flame for 15mins and keep it aside.
- Wash basmath rice and boil it in water mixed with garam masala powder, elaichi , salt and shahjeera till 1/2 done and drain water and keep rice aside.
- Now take a thick bottomed vessel and layer chicken at the bottom, then add basmathi rice and repeat the process. Make sure that top layer is rice and bottom layer is chicken.
- Then pour remaining chicken gravy on rice and sprinkle golden fried onions, and saffron soaked in milk, ghee, chopped pudina and coriander.
- Cover vessel with a well fitted lid and seal it with maida, then put a heavy water vessel on the top of lid to avoid burning and cook on low flame for 1hour.
- Serve hot with raitha.